February came and went! Jeremy is still crazy busy with all of his classes and working. We're looking forward to May...summer break for him!
Valentine's Day
As you know, I'm a 3rd grade teacher. It's funny that all the things that I loved when I was a young girl in school happens to be a teacher's hurdle. Yes, I am referring to the Valentine's Day party. Don't you remember putting all the names on the Valentine's and passing them out? The kids absolutely love it. They were super excited to show off all of their Valentine's containers that they had made. I am always amazed with what the kids walk in with!! My favorite was the Nintendo DSI, so creative! Once the day is over and the kids have had so much fun, you can breath a sigh of relief...I made it! LOL. It really makes you wish you that you could go back and have careless days of being a kid again.
Richard Marx
The other fun thing that we got to do this month was go see Richard Marx in concert on Feb. 12th! His songs were a big hit in our household while we were growing up, especially because of my sister Linda.So Tom, Loraine, Linda and I hopped onto the Fun Bus to Wendover (barely made it on the bus...phew!). We pigged out on king crab legs and went to see him perform. Boy, I have to admit, he is ABSOLUTELY hilarious! His personality was very charming and he rocked it out during a kick @$$ concert!
Here are some of the photos that I was able to snap and 1 video. I couldn't do video very long, I was afraid of getting caught (since we were so close).
Here's the video of him about to start singing: "Right Here Waiting"...but then he starts to sing Bryan Adam's song, "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You". I told you that he was funny!
Melissa's "Mad Hat Party"
My friend Melissa Chipman is the absolute best! She is full of life and has the best sense of humor. I honestly can say that she is a girl that I would love to be more like. For her 30th birthday party, her friends threw her a "Mad Hat Party". Loraine and I went and we had so much fun!! Loraine provided me with a blond wig and then we bought a leprechaun hat at Dollar Tree. Boy, was it fun being a blond!! Ha ha! They say blond's do have more fun ;)
There's a snippet of February!!! Until next time....xoxoxoxo!
2 comments:
Love your blog Michelle! All your pictures of your 3rd grade class make me wish I had gone to school to get an elementary credential--it looks like a lot more fun than my 8th grade class haha!
Michelle, your blog is darling. I am ashamed that I can't seem to keep up like you have been. It is neat to see your pics of all that is going on, even in your classroom.
Post a Comment